Hi! I’m Kayleigh and I’m a shopaholic. Well, kids room decor shopaholic to be precise!
Aidan’s room has had about 4 makeover’s in his short 18 months of life, but I’d have to say that his most recent one is going to be here a while! I have found and sourced so many amazing items from the Instagram community and have made some beautiful friendships along the way. Today I’m going to share some of my absolute favourites and must haves for your child’s room.
What inspired the decor of the room?
When Aidan was first born and I was up at crazy hours of the night feeding him, I would trawl through Instagram pages and follow interesting and unique stores that I’d come across. I’m going through a bit of a monochrome phase at the moment (who’s with me!?!) and so most of Aidan’s decor is in line with that theme. Instagram is a great source of inspiration!
5 must haves for any kids room?
– Storage! I think in order to keep his room relatively tidy, everything needs to have a place to be put away!
– A night light/reading light. I have two in Aidan’s room; one next to his bed for story time and one on his shelf so that the room isn’t pitch black.
– Bookshelf. I used an Ikea picture shelf to store his books on, and mounted it at a height that he could reach them
– Wall art. It brings so much character to a room and you can really personalise the prints/plaques/hangings for your child
– Comfy pillows, rugs, blankets. So that they enjoy going to bed!
Favourite shops/websites for kids decor?
All of the stores I have bought from are amazing, but I’d have to say my absolute favourites for kids decor are:
– One Tiny Tribe – their range of prints is the best! I have about 6 in Aidan’s room (and a few in my own too!)
– Arlo & Co – for wall plaques, garlands, sheilds – pretty much the coolest accessories ever
– Little Letter Lights Co – they have the most AMAZING letter & shape lights. I love Aidan’s cloud light so much and also have an ‘A’ on the way!
A full list of the stores featured in Aidan’s room is below:
‘Single Feather’, ‘I Loved You First’, ‘Go Your Own Way’, ‘Why Fit In’ prints by One Tiny Tribe – @onetinytribe
Cloud Light by Little Letter Lights Co – @littleletterlightsco
‘Boys Will Be Boys’ wall plaque by Arlo & Co – @arloandco
Tiger heirloom blanket & ‘Ragamuffin’ flag by Roxymarj – @roxymarj
‘I Love You To The Moon And Back’ throw cushion by Pen Friend – @pen_friend
Hanging cord light ‘bare bones’ range by Cheeky Reubens – @cheekyreubens
‘Plus’ paper storage bag by MonpetitZoReoL – @monpetitzoreol
Black & white spot crown by Pipla @piplastudio
Felt ball garland by Studio Love Drops @studiolovedrops
‘Love Is The New Black’ onesie by Word On Baby – @wordonbaby
‘Teepee’ onesie by Ash & Co – @ashandcokids
‘Don’t Grow Up’ tee by Little Miki Mak – @littlemikimak
Superhero doll by Alimrose Designs – @alimrose
‘Hello’ & ‘Tribal Panda’ postcards by Minimelinsta and bought at T-Leaf Collections – @tleafcollections
Read Kayleigh’s interview on our website under ‘inspiring mums’