My husband Stephane and I (Emily Ramirez) have been married over 3 years now and are expecting our first baby (boy) this month. We could not be more excited to begin growing our family together. My Husband is Canadian and i’m American, we met at school in California and fell in love. We now live in Edmonton Alberta and can not wait to start our greatest adventure yet, parenthood. We think starting a family together is the best decision we’ve ever made. We can not wait for our little man to arrive.
What inspired the decor of the nursery?
My nursery inspiration was to keep things simple, boho and modern. I like the idea that a nursery doesn’t have to be overtly boyish but instead to keep with the aesthetic of the rest of our house.
5 must haves for any nursery?
1. Storage: we don’t have any closets in our nursery and new we needed a good size dresser and lots of baskets to store all his things.
2. Crib: little man needs a place to sleep of course.
3. Diaper pale: We want to seal up those diaper smells up nice tight. We live in an apartment and any garbage smell is quickly apparent. ( We have the ubbi diaper pale)
4. Changing pad: We have to Keekaroo peanut changer, we’ve heard how easy it is to clean and that sounds good to me.
5. Rocking Chair: We love our little feeding/reading nook and can’t wait to put it to use.
Favourite stores/online shops for kids decor?
I’m a huge DIY girl and my husband and myself got many nursery items thrifting and made/redid them ourselves. We also love a few of our friends local shops @fieldworkbaby and @trunkandoak. You also can never go wrong with Ikea or homesense.
A link to Emilys vlog and baby room tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYiApo65UkY